Monday, August 2, 2010

Reema Khan


Really Charming Beauty Queen of  Pakistani actress/producer/director Reema Khan has made it a habit of shooting her films in Malaysia.
SHE is Pakistan’s most popular modern-day actress and has been compared to top Bollywood star Aishwarya Rai. But Reema Khan does more than act. Reema is also a producer and director and she was in Malaysia recently where she wrapped up the production for her new movie Kitne Haseen Hai Zindagi (Life Is So Beautiful) in which she starred, directed and produced.
Reema and her crew spent 22 days shooting in locations in Kuala Lumpur, Putrajaya, Port Dickson, Langkawi, Malacca and Cameron Highlands.
The movie, now in the post-production stage, is set for release here and Pakistan this November.

“The film is a mixture of comedy, romance and dance. It’s all about entertainment and relief. I want to make a sweet and positive film,” said Reema in Kuala Lumpur recently.
The Urdu-language film also features such stars as Muammar Rana, Ali Saleem, Johnny Lever and Malaysian newcomer Mariam.

This marks the second time Reema has shot and directed a movie in Malaysia. Her directorial debut Koi Tujh Sa Kahan (No One Is Like You) was also filmed in Malaysia in 2005. Her first film proved to be successful at the box-office back home and even garnered awards at the Lux Style Awards in 2006 in Pakistan.


As to why Reema keeps coming back to shoot her movies here, she revealed: “I have absolutely loved Malaysia ever since I came here for a commercial shoot in 2003 and I’ve been back here every year since then. Malaysia also has a lot of facilities for filmmakers and filmmaking.
“It’s not easy for me to shoot in Pakistan because people recognise me and they stop me and ask for autographs which is fine but there is too much to do (on a shoot) when you’re a producer, director and actor. People don’t recognise me so much in Malaysia so I can go ahead and do my work.”


Reema started acting at the early age of 14 and has starred in almost 200 films since she began her acting career in the early 1990s. She confessed that she is demanding when it comes to filmmaking especially since she started working behind the camera.
“I’m very fussy because I’m conscious about my work. I’m very strict with myself. As a director, I have to make sure the shots are right and then I go in front of the camera as an actor and I have to make sure that I fulfil the scene. It’s a balance between how to shoot and how to act. It’s a difficult job but I love it,” said the 29-year-old, who is currently based in Lahore, Pakistan.
The budget for Life Is So Beautiful is currently estimated at RM2mil and at the time of the interview, Reema said that she is still looking for a distributor in Malaysia.
“My movie helps promote Pakistan in Malaysia and it also promotes Malaysia overseas because my films are seen in Pakistan, Britain, United States and the Middle East. This is the first Pakistani film to be released in Malaysia and I want to show Pakistani talent as well,” she added.
As for her being compared to Aishwarya Rai, Reema takes it as a compliment and revealed how she got the comparison in the first place.
“It was the Indian press who compared me to Aishwarya Rai when I went over to India. We have a lot in common because we’re both leading actresses from our respective countries and I am the face of Pepsi while she is the face of Coca-Cola. She is the face of Lux and so am I.
“I guess that’s why they compared me to her,” said Reema.
Unlike Aishwarya who settled down in 2007, however, Reema is still single.
“I have no boyfriend and my family and friends have been asking me when I will get married … I will pursue it and find a husband once my new film is released.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Auto Ads